[pianotech] Accounting question

Tom Rhea, Jr. rheapiano at cox.net
Tue Nov 13 15:38:11 MST 2012

Paul, income is counted in the state where it is paid.  In your case, you
received the money in Missouri, even though the job was in Kansas.  The
state of Kansas may object but they're out of luck.  The client was in
Missouri when he contracted the job with you and paid you in Missouri, even
though the piano was in Kansas.  It's not 'Kansas' money but 'Missouri.'

Best,
Tom

Rhea Piano Service
Tom Rhea, Jr., Technician