[pianotech] Accident

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Nov 16 17:44:09 MST 2012

On 11/16/2012 5:45 PM, Rob McCall wrote:
> Well,  This is fun for me...  :-)
>
> Actually, if he was going mach .0303 (20 mph at sea level), and then
> he goes to Mt. Everest, and goes mach .0303 then he would actually be
> going only 18 mph.

Which would be 82.293026 X 10^-7 parsecs per millennium. It's
interesting how a non standard and unexpected measurement unit, accurate
or not, brings the entire known universe to a twitching and quivering
halt. Folks thinks they's confused, but ain't rightly sure.

>He's less likely to get hurt, although he'll
> probably have trouble breathing at that altitude without supplemental
> oxygen..  :-) Which may have contributed to the accident if that were
> the case.  Hypoxia is funny that way...  ;-)

Not to mention the pulmonary and cerebral edema. Join us now in a
rousing chorus of "I left my toes on K2"...

Bonus points: If that was a Yeti, how fast was he going?

<G>
Ron N