[pianotech] Accident - OT

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 16 20:20:36 MST 2012

Wim said:
"There was a lot of traffic on the highway, and we were all going only
about 15 - 20 mph. So it wasn't a hard hit, but enough to deploy the
airbag. The first thing I thought was, "what is that funny smell?" "

Wim,
If it were me, I'd say it was what I was sitting in!<G>
Seriously, it really doesn't take much to set off those Air bags, and most
certainly things can happen very quickly. A couple of years ago, I did a
rear end thing with the car my Mother gave to me...1985 Mercedes Benz 190D.
I had a love/hate relationship with that car. Just glanced to the left for
a second, noting a big truck in the next lane over, looked back and the
Audi in front of me had stopped and didn't have brake lights! Slammed on
the brakes,but did no good as I had studded tires and the pavement was dry.
Just like being on an ice rink! I hated to let that car go,as it got 40mpg,
(diesel)! Current vehicle gets 17mpg, if I'm lucky. :-( Whaaaa!<G>
Glad you're o.k., I don't like seeing my buddies busted up w/o cause.<G>
Best.\,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police