[pianotech] Hardening bass hammers

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Mon Nov 19 18:03:51 MST 2012

Thank you for these helpful observations folks.

I reckon I will have to re-think, along the lines you guys suggest.  I
am familiar with the sounds of "dead" tubby bass strings, with the loss
of volume from the end of a bass bridge butting hard against the plate,
and with the huge loss of volume from a detached bass bridge just
hanging on the strings.  This isn't as bad as any of those, but you have
certainly made me reconsider, and I will investigate further, in line
with your suggestions.

Best regards,

David.