[pianotech] Double Dampers!

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 19 19:46:19 MST 2012

David B. said: "I came across an upright piano today, German, pre 1st world
war (I
think) by F. Weber, which has an underdamper action that ALSO has a
section of 36 Overdampers!

Have you seen this before? They were determined those strings were
gonna shut up!"

David,
I have encountered such a critter...actually two different ones.<G> Does
this action come out  by itself or is it attached to the key frame?
Some of that is over-kill and some is due to poor design imo.<G> That's
taking the Staccato thang a bit to the extreme.<G>
Best,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police