[pianotech] Expanding Brackets time?

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Wed Nov 21 23:03:27 MST 2012

Dean,

I agree, however, this was a piano that sat for 15 years and then the owners wanted to get it fixed up because they wanted to start playing it again.  So, no work had been done, no "regulation" work, etc.  It just sat there, so it was pretty straight forward.  If I knew someone had been changing the let-off, drop, etc. for years, or I couldn't get the action out of the piano, then there would be an appropriate addition in time and cost.

Each case is unique, but I think the time is reasonably accurate for the specific job of replacing the brackets once the action is out and sitting on your bench.  The additions would occur either before that time or after. YMMV...

Regards,

Rob McCall

McCall Piano Service, LLC
www.mccallpiano.com