[pianotech] happy thanksgiving

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Thu Nov 22 13:26:55 MST 2012

Although it might be hard for Marshall to see, I find that if I look
carefully around the edges of the panel and also where it
meets the case, I can see a very fine white powder where the squeaks
originate. I rub VJ lube wherever I see the powder,
and that seems to fix the problem.

VJ lube also douses the "poly squeaks" in benches very easily. Take the
legs off one at a time, look at the places where
they contact the sides of the bench, rub a thin layer of VJ lube there
(and the powder is usually there as well) and put the
leg back on. I've never had to repeat it.

Susan