[pianotech] Fwd: elbows

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Thu Nov 22 14:53:45 MST 2012

Here are 2 messages from Isaac

From: Isaac Sadigursky <irs.pianos at earthlink.net>
To: Janet Blees <wimblees at aol.com>
Sent: Thu, Nov 22, 2012 10:08 am
Subject: elbows

Hi, Wim!
Exellent description of elbow replacing procedure..
I do the same..
To speed-up the removal and installation of new elbows on wires, I
like to do the following:
Action on CRADLE turned up-side down. Now whippen 'wings" are in front
of my eyes..
1]I push every other center pin out [1,3,5,7--etc.-87]
2]Install new ones on those ODD units..If any problems-i push a PILOT
#18 center pin,first..
It sticks out ABOVE the neighboring whipps.
3]When all 44 units installed-cut the Center Pins 44 times..
Repeat all with EVEN units..

Takes much less time,try it..
#2} pianotek sell tool for ELBOW installation.
You chuck in in a drill once.
dip the treaded end of wire in VJ
hold  the wire with Vise-Grips and in 3.5 seconds this task is done 88
times..
I prefer to install and replace old elbows with NEW plastic ones-same
dimensions .[Wooden are shorter and you need to buy new,longer
wires].modern plastic is used for building sail boats, it withstands
salty water,it is   far superior to old ones,it used in automotive and
aircraft industries..
don't be so pessimistic..
Try it and let me know..
Best wishes for Thanks giving!!
Sorry to hear about your accident..
i'm glad,you are O'k..
isaac

Again..
i'm not a proponent of snap-on's..
I'd seen toooo many of them SNAPPING off..
my clients have 2 choises: to do a good job or exellent job..
Snap-on's are good enough just to do occasional ones just to get out
of there,with no warranties and no charge..
Just my thought..
Best
isaac