[pianotech] elbows

Larry Fisher RPT larry_fisher at pdxtuner.com
Thu Nov 22 15:57:08 MST 2012

I’ve used a Dremel with a carbide burr like tool.  It looks like a sputnik  ...........  for those of you who know what that is.  I’ve used the bit that looks like crumpled wire in the shape of a wheel as well.  With both, I use the Dremel on a slower speed.  I spread a piano moving pad out on the floor and work laying on my back with the action in the piano.  Afterwards, I vacuum the entire work area as well as inside the piano.  The moving pad captures the vast majority of it but I like to touch up the area a bit before presenting the bill.