[pianotech] Needle Nose Pliers and Elbows

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 22 19:18:38 MST 2012

Chuck said:
"Okay, Joe, bad wording on my part. What I meant was a "pointy" pair of
needle nose pliers which will very well get up to the center pin to snip
away at any remaining remnant of elbow. I know, because I have a pair that
I've ground the needle end down to a very pointy point. (Of course I don't
use the wire cutter on the pliers for this purpose.) They work well."
 Chuck,
I suspected as much.<G> Might you have ground down the Serrated jaws as
well? If not, then a new center pin would be warranted, as those suckers
can really screw up a center pin!
Just so's ya know.<G>
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.