[pianotech] Baldwin D String Rendering

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Nov 30 13:57:42 MST 2012

> and they don't render well either

Darn. I hope some Protek has some beneficial effect because this thing is horrible. Very frustrating because the darn thing actually seems to be relatively free of false beats. Now the cruddy string rendering is going to cause real beats!  :-(

Is this the first piano Baldwin used this forward termination gizmo in?  Is the bar where the strings terminate under the capo a single complete unit with the bar the strings go over between the capo and tunings pins (two bars connected together)? If so, then this two-bar unit detaches from the cast iron capo bar - correct? Is it screwed or anything to the capo (i.e. how is it attached to the capo bar)?

Terry Farrell