[pianotech] Transporting a piano

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Mon Oct 1 17:01:10 MDT 2012

Greetings,
    It may be that lying on its back allows more twist in the case than
when it sits on its legs, but I would be surprised if it could damage
anything.  If you are really concerned, prop it up on three points and
there won't be any twist.  The springs will get a workout, but I don't
think that hurts them.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.piano-tuners.org/edfoote/well_tempered_piano.html