[pianotech] Transporting a piano

Paul Williams pwilliams4 at unl.edu
Mon Oct 1 16:52:45 MDT 2012

Paul,

It depends on the good shocks of the car! Sure.  On back can work.  Gravel roads with the dreaded "washboard" will help the plate have a chance to crack.  But any moving company can go over a bump in just the right place to crack a plate.  That's you'r only real worry, friend.  It should work…unless it doesn't!  As Kent Webb sez!

It's a console and I'm sure something dear to them. Costs more to move than worth, eh? That's all I'm going to say about that! (Forrest Gump)

I'd say go for it!

Paul