[pianotech] Lowering the stack on a Steinway

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 07:54:29 MDT 2012

I have an extremely thick piece of plate glass on a flat as I can make it workbench (a granite slab would be even better ) for various tasks. The stack could be set on something like this, checked for wobble and under-feet gaps, and errantly tall feet filed down until all level, non? ( I generally use this for cutting felt strips on, and for gluing operations where an easy-to-clean surface is a help. For the felt cutting operation, by the way, I use the cheap strips of vinyl base-board molding available at home improvement centers --- at about $2 each --- with an aluminum straight edge clamped across everything, and the wheel type cutter.)

Thumpe