[pianotech] [OT] State of the union

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Wed Oct 10 08:20:11 MDT 2012

Rick wrote :  18 yrs. ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope, and Johnny
Cash.>> Now we have no jobs,no hope and no cash.>> Rick Ucci

Greetings,
       18 years ago, little did we know that we would have George Bush
and two mindless wars ahead of us, and we hadn't even begun to work on
the Reagan debt that we had allowed ourselves to be saddled with.

      A political party that want to offer themselves as a savior must
first convince us that we are in trouble, and the bigger the trouble,
the more we need them. This, coupled with the news media's reliance on
sensationalism, is unfortunately convincing many people that they are
victims of the present government.  This is not so, as the only victims
are those that can't take responsibility for themselves.

       Our corporate profits are near all time highs, the stock market
has been rising for 3 years, gas is cheaper than almost anywhere in the
world., and our employment rate is the envy of many.   If anyone living
in this country right now hasn't any hope, I think the problem is with
them, not the country.
   If you can't make it in America, you can't make it anywhere.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.piano-tuners.org/edfoote/well_tempered_piano.html