[pianotech] Crescendo Punchings

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 12 00:31:20 MDT 2012

Tony said:
"Many many years ago I changed all the front touch felts in a Kawai grand
because I felt that the touch was a bit too hard on compression. Then I
regulated the piano by feel. (i can't play myself but it seems that I have
a good touch. The player, a pianist of some note was very impressed and he
felt that he could do more with the piano because he felt that he had
better control. What we should always remember is that the pianist
perceives the sound in the mind and then when it is played the sound made
should be that of the percieved sound. The touch of the piano is what makes
the sound, soft or heavy, high or low, so it is understandable that
everything related to the touch is important."

Tony,
I have a sign, (actually a Bling<G>), in my shop that states: "If The Keys
Aren't Right, Nothing Else Can Be". It has been my mantra for a lot of
years.<G>
Best,
JOE

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.