[pianotech] Tuning for listing on concert program

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Mon Oct 15 21:28:23 MDT 2012

Hi Paul,

I do this for a couple of middle schools in my area.  They put my ad along with a header that says, "The piano for tonight's performance was tuned by..."

I trade them one tuning a year.  They typically only tune twice a year.  One is an ad exchange, the other is paid.  The ad in their programs is for all the concerts for the entire year. They usually have 200-300 people at each concert.

I typically receive at least 2-3 tunings from these programs every year.  Not a lot right now, but my name is getting out there on a regular basis. Some of those have become regular customers.

Mind you, this is for a public school with limited funds and a couple of uprights. A private school with a Steinway B and more attendance may be cause for a slightly different financial arrangement than mine, but I believe the concept does work.  It just may take a year before they start calling.  Someone once told me that a person has to see your name something like 3-5 times before they will choose to act on it.

Good luck!

Regards,

Rob McCall

McCall Piano Service, LLC