[pianotech] Gulbransen glued stack

John Ross jrpiano at bellaliant.net
Wed Oct 17 13:15:35 MDT 2012

Paint scraper sharpened on the end, and a small hammer.
Find the glue line and tap. You might be lucky enough to have it come apart.
Do you have the Player Piano Co Inc catalogue from 1983-85? It has directions for this unit. It does suggest sawing, and putting a  gasket in the thickness of the saw cut, and glue it back together.
Why wouldn't a hand saw work if you were careful?
I can't remember if I ever did one. My memory isn't as it was.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia