[pianotech] Gulbransen glued stack

Arlie Rauch adarpub at midrivers.com
Wed Oct 17 13:47:50 MDT 2012

Do you have Arthur Reblitz' book on Player PIano:  Servicing and Rebuilding?  He says you can break them or saw them.  He also says breaking may result in hours repairing the damage.  It may depend on the climate as to whether breaking will work.  I have never done one of those, but I have rebuilt HC Bays which were also glued together.  Sawing also requires great care.  If done right, it can result in a straight cut that can easily be built up and then assembled the next time with gaskets and screws.

BTW, where are you getting your supplies since Player Piano Supply disappeared?

Arlie Rauch