[pianotech] Blocks

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Tue Oct 23 12:02:33 MDT 2012

Dale writes, inre Hexagrip blocks:
>> I find the same to be true. Jumpy popping pins. Variable torque. I
think the problem stems from  drilling & then  stringing protocols
which contributes to this. Perhaps Rons double drilling method would
help solve     this.
Dale Erwin R.P.T.

I have only drilled one block from the factory, and it was absolutely
no different in results than Andre' Bolduc's blocks, it just cost a lot
more.
    The feed speed/bit angle/rpm equation isn't rocket science, but a
double drilling has more margin for success.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.piano-tuners.org/edfoote/well_tempered_piano.html