[pianotech] Blocks

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Tue Oct 23 13:22:17 MDT 2012

>>For now, but they will eventually migrate in the block at the top
without support of some sort, be it the plate, plate bushings, or a
dense pinblock cap.Ron N hmm... Not convinced

Me neither.  I have more than a few of my blocks I see regularly,
(sometimes 50-100 times per year). I never wanted the pins rubbing on
the webbing, so I always drilled for centering in the hole.  I don't
see these pins moving appreciably, certainly not enough to hit the
plate.
Regards,