[pianotech] teflon era shanks and flanges

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Wed Oct 24 17:40:03 MDT 2012

FWIW....As much disdain as these parts have received I once repinned an entire Stwy D action in 1975 ish to optimize the friction. (2 to4 grams) and the parts are still in service, yes... in the same piano. Friction is not bad after all these years buried in a theatre in Merced
   What's that you say? are these gen-u-whine Stwy parts? Yup and they don't make em like that no more. But why not?.....nevermind.
 Call Kent and Get while they're hot.

Dale Erwin R.P.T.
Erwin's Piano Restoration Inc.
 Mason & Hamlin/Steinway/U.S. pianos