[pianotech] O.T.- Compressing photos and scans???

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Oct 24 17:53:27 MDT 2012

On 10/24/2012 6:41 PM, Joseph Garrett wrote:
> Does anyone know a good way to compress photos and such, so that they won't
> jam up our beloved pianotech? I've got bunches of photos, that I'd share,
> but the damned things are too big. And, my "photoshop" thang doesn't
> apparently have that facility! Go figger. I have one photo program that
> came with my digital camera, which is a GE. And then another that came with
> the 'puter: HP. Driving me nuts how to get them all compressed!
> Joe

Not knowing what the programs are and what your system is doesn't help
much. What you want is a "resample" function, indication what percentage
of the original you'd like the copy to be, and it'll shrink you one.
Almost any bitmap editor can do this. It's super simple, but to suggest
a utility that can do it, we need some bloody information.
Ron N