[pianotech] re; Agraffe Wrench

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 27 08:59:48 MDT 2012

Terry said:
"Here are three pictures of the agraffe tool I have. Both ends are shown in
the second and third pictures. I've never understood what the end in the
third picture might be used for. If anything I guess I've just assumed is
was done to balance some sort of ying-yang universal type thing. Maybe Will
could help us with that? ;-)"

Terry,
There is a type of agraffe that requires that "opposite". It is European. I
don't have the specifics close at hand, but, failing memory says it was on
a Collard & Collard Grand, I did many moon ago. I have a similar tool, that
I made to remove and install the agraffes, in the stringing process. There
were the typical holes for the wire to go through, but then there was, also
a "hump" that served as a bearing//termination.
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police