[pianotech] high and outside

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Sun Oct 28 11:46:05 MDT 2012

I was wondering if the situation was made worse by having one of the
front legs
hanging in air, either when you saw it or when it was pitch raised? That
can
throw things instantly, though not that far.

How you guys can stand tuning in places with such big humidity swings
escapes me.
I'm surprised the West Coast and the high desert (ALWAYS dry) aren't
crowded with
tuner refugees. Last week I tuned a little European style Yamaha on the
coast
which I had last tuned nine years ago. It was still pretty presentable.
The tenor
was a little sharp, and there were a few unisons in the treble needing
some help.

Susan Kline, happy Oregon resident