[pianotech] high and outside

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Sun Oct 28 20:39:20 MDT 2012

That doesn't compute Wim. If the guy had the ETD set a note off, then it would have been tuned 100 cents sharp or flat - not at all the case that Ron observed.

Terry Farrell

The ETD was not off by one note. The ETD was probably off by four or five notes, or even on the wrong octave. This happens to me occasionally when, in the process of tuning, I run some progressive 3rds, 4ths, and 5ths, just to see how the tuning is going. The SAT then hears some of those notes, and automatically goes to one of those lower notes. Then when I go back to the note I was tuning, I forget to look to see which note the SAT is on. This is what I suspect happened with the guy Ron talked about. Except he didn't look, much less listen.

Wim