[pianotech] pitch raises

Paul Williams pwilliams4 at unl.edu
Mon Oct 29 14:58:05 MDT 2012

Indeed!  Never tell a customer that "you" broke a string!  Then, they'll claim you broke it and won't pay you for the repair! DAMHIK!!!!

If I see a lot of rust on strings, or if it hasn't been tuned for many years, I will warn them that one or more might break, and it's not my fault and will result in a repair!!

Hint: if tuning a very flat piano, go through the bass strings first, giving them a jolt DOWN in pitch before bringing them up to a tunable pitch.  Again, DAMHIK!!

Paul