[pianotech] Art Case Bechstein

Byeway222 at aol.com Byeway222 at aol.com
Tue Oct 30 10:53:56 MDT 2012

Iv'e come across a couple of these over my career and certainly seen them
in dealers and auction catlogues.  We had a Ronisch piano at school in
Yorkshire identical to this, it seems to have been a classic Art Nouveau  style.
 One aspect I do appreciate is the peirced top door with cloth  on the
reverse.  Why on earth piano manufacturers abandoned this  principle on upright
pianos amazes me.  Upright pianos are traditionally  shoved against a wall,
have heavy solid panels on the front and the tone is  vastly inhibited as a
result.  I did see a new Steingraeber  upright with a very modern take on
this idea however.
The extra spring on the jack is quite common on higher end Bechstein
actions and on Broadwoods.   You need two small spring hooks to  release them for
part removal.

Richard