[pianotech] Was high and outside now silent pitch lowering

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Oct 31 09:20:30 MDT 2012

> I've never attempted a blind overpull,

CHICKEN!!!!!!!!  Boy, not me though. I've done it a couple of times - VERY fast and VERY easy.

And then I spent a half-hour pulling in strings that ended up 50 cents off this way and that, etc., etc.  My attempts were disastrous. But hey, I tried it!  I just don't see how it would be possible to do a blind pitch raise and get everything within a couple cents - or even all within an average of a couple cents.  But then, there are lots of things I find difficult to do - very often just because I am not skilled at it. I dunno - maybe with practice. But even with practice, it just doesn't seem likely to come close enough. I'd really like to watch someone do a "good enough" 60-cent pitch raise blindly and have the piano ready for a good one-pass tuning (i.e. have the piano within a few cents of target for tuning pass). It would be very interesting.

Terry Farrell