[pianotech] Happy Snappy Piano Tuning

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Oct 31 10:15:12 MDT 2012

Wow. What a day. Resurrected a re-whatevered old Hardman grand yesterday and made it playable (by an intermediate player).

Then came time to tune. OMG! Talk about snappy tuning pins. EVERY tuning pin in the tenor and low treble were at least as snappy as any tuning pin I have every encountered. I suspect that in preparation for painting the plate (and the strings, and the tuning pins, and the agraffes), perhaps they "prepped" the tuning pin area with turpentine or some similar solvent - perhaps they even flooded the pin area. They sure did something.....

Below is a picture of the beast - lovely, ain't it?: