[pianotech] Pitch Raising Article (Joseph Garrett)

Chuck Behm behmpiano at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 11:19:18 MDT 2012

Joe wrote:That, obviously, has been changed. Not the facts that I was
presented with
@ the time of that article. Hmmm? perhaps I should ask the ptbs....nah.
Wouldn't make a damned bit of difference!

Joe - It might make a difference to someone who was considering whether or
not to submit an article or not, however. Here's the relevant wording:

Our Rights: You grant PTG a perpetual, worldwide, royalty free license to
use and exploit all or any part of the Work, in any format or version, by
any means and in any media, whether now known or hereafter developed
(including, without limitation, the right to reproduce, make derivative
works, and distribute by any means). You further consent to our use of your
name and likeness in connection with the Work, in any form (including
distortions and alterations, and, in connection therewith, you waive any
rights of privacy or publicity.

Your Rights: As Author of the Work, you may publish the Work, or grant
someone else the right to do so, provided, however, that you agree that you
shall not publish the Work in any manner until at least ninety days
following our publication date. If you want to use any material appearing
in addition to the Work (for example, if you provided a manuscript but not
the illustrations or photographs) you must first obtain our written
permission (or the written permission of the owner of that copyrighted
material).

Anyway, I hope that makes it clear - someone might very well hold back on
submitting a good article or series if they thought that once it was out of
their hands, they would no longer have any right to use it again.  Chuck