[pianotech] PianoDisc Help Needed

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Sat Sep 1 09:01:05 MDT 2012

One weird thing about this system is that you have to run the standard SilentDrive setup CD first. (Why they couldn't load those defaults at the factory is beyond me.)

What I did was to hook up an external CD player to the audio input jacks on the little iQ box (to the 1/8" stereo input, unplugging the wire from the Airport Express), and playing the default tracks from the CD. You can let the whole CD run, and it will leave it set at the defaults, but I just skipped through to the default force settings (about six tracks in all).

Then I did the calibrations, and it worked. Be sure to check out the iQ setup video available online at PianoDisc TechWeb.

--Cy--

Cy Shuster, RPT
Albuquerque, NM

www.shusterpiano.com