[pianotech] Agraffe problems

Jack Houweling jackhouweling at dccnet.com
Wed Sep 5 10:14:19 MDT 2012

Wow! I sent this message on aug 31 and it arrived today. I thought it did not go through so I posted to myPTG. ??
The noise is worse on some of the turned agraffes but I find them all difficult to tune.
The sound I am hearing is a wa sound like a bad unison that cannot be tuned, along with a voicing problem! Short, piercing and out of tune. Makes me cringe.

This is done on many other pianos so it must be part of the tuner's regular  maintenance.

Jack Houweling

Sent from my iPhone