[pianotech] Data Loggers

Tom Rhea, Jr. rheapiano at cox.net
Thu Sep 6 09:19:18 MDT 2012

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the information.  I think I'm going to pass on the HOBO due to
the fact that the software it needs to interface does not come included with
the instrument.  The $115 price is comparable to some of the others that
I've looked at, but they come with included software.  My budget is limited
at this point so I'm probably going to have to go with the "low-priced
spread" for now.

Also, as a former Navy Metrology technician I'm very much aware of how much
drift can occur over time and the need for cross-checking with some sort of
standard or with several comparable instruments.  I've been bitten a couple
of times because of drift.

Thanks again.

Tom

Rhea Piano Service