[pianotech] Steinway back checks

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Wed Sep 12 07:27:59 MDT 2012

Larry -
A  follow-up thought -
Al may be right about not needing clamping, but I
may be a little less confident without some type
of holding.  Your picture amply illustrates the
issues of wire condition (looking pretty twisted)
and various felt profiles, which can have
a significant effect on how check functions with a particular tail shape.

David Skolnik
Hasitngs on Hudson, NY