[pianotech] Steinway back checks

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Sep 12 10:18:58 MDT 2012

What weight issue is there?  Missed that but can’t imagine any issues of weight really.  In my experience (having done it both ways) you get a more consistent tension in the leather with new, it’s neater, faster (not slower anyway), easier, similar cost and, as I mentioned, if you install a new Renner tray at some point you avoid problems with the backchecks hitting the sostenuto rod.  Plus, you don’t have to worry about gluing your fingers together.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com