[pianotech] Action ration measuring

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Sep 22 10:35:23 MDT 2012

On 9/22/2012 11:21 AM, David Love wrote:

>Going to the tip of the hammer pushes it up to 5.87 but you
> have to wonder about the meaning of having to tweak each number and what
> that means.

Yes, you do, which is pretty much what we do already. Okay, The approach
I tried worked better than I expected the first time on my (only) model,
so I pitched it out there to see where it landed. I suspect we'll never
have anything particularly accurate, and will be guestimating,
averaging, and fudging with any system we try. The direct proportion
measurement changes as well, depending on where it's taken, be it over
the pin, or further forward, so we don't have anything particularly
absolute as a comparison baseline.

Ron N