[pianotech] Action ration measuring

Jason Kanter jkanter at rollingball.com
Sat Sep 22 19:01:59 MDT 2012

I've been scanning this thread and I have a question about setting the dip
so precisely. What about the relative sponginess of the punching? A hard
blow has a greater dip than a soft blow. I haven't measured, but I would
think you could easily compress a soft punching by 1 or even 2 mm. So you
can get a more precise dip by using a firmer (Wurzen) punching. Is this not
an important factor? Or am I missing something?

Jason Kanter
--
jason's cell 425 830 1561