[pianotech] re; Action Ratio Measuring

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 22 19:50:54 MDT 2012

Dale said: "All actions are subject the accelerating action phenomena to
changing ratios thru the complete range of motion as the capstans is moving
further from the wip center pin and the increasing leverage efficiency in
the wip."

Dale,
I can't agree. The capstan does not move but a miniscule "...further from
the wip center pin...". Del brought this to my attention during a Key class
I was giving. I agree with Del, ...that there is little movement of the
capstan along the wippen foot felt! They are so close to linear to each
other that the differences of their arcs is pretty much negligible imo.<G>
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I