[pianotech] Was : Odd upright event , Now O.T. Electric car

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Mon Sep 24 17:23:30 MDT 2012

  Tom ---   the former door fabricator at Sebring Vanguard Citi-Car
---   Driscoll
> Tom -
> With the optional roof-rack, you could take along your tuning hammer.
> or your dog.  What other colors is it available in?
>
> David Skolnik
> Hastings on Hudson, NY
>
> David,
  It was an interesting idea but pretty woeful as to practicality.
   Slow, unsafe, two tons of batteries , and limited mileage on a charge.
The company was born out of the Gas crisis in the early 70's and they
just couldn't keep it going.
I was laid off a few times in my short tenure there , the last time on
Christmas Eve !
I was 22 years old and  part timing as apprentice to the late Paul
Hegent RPT in Sebring so the demise of the Vanguard Citicar
was no great blow to my master plan ( such as it was ) .
  Now don't get me started on the egg carton factory!

If interested check out this wiki link  :
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citicar
  Tom Driscoll