[pianotech] Curiously curvaceous repetition lever

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 25 11:33:52 MDT 2012

With all due respect to Susan (whose attitude on most things, pianitious or not, I am quite in agreement with!) if those thread loops can't handle air, what good are they? The worst danger I perceive in these situations is that they and the keybed punchings will disintegrate and blast away, leaving a non-functional action and uneven keyboard, and an unhappy client who will make you fix them for free --- UNLESS you inform the customer beforehand that these things are likely already functionally "toast", hence needing replacement, and the cleaning will likely just prove it.

Much Peace,
Thumpe

P.S. Oh ye fortunate Left Coasters! The action in that piano was CLEAN compared to what I've frequently discovered down here in Jeahjuhhh!