[pianotech] American pianos being shipped to China? (Was "Pulley Key")

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 17:33:38 MDT 2012

.....and let's not forget the "...BEAUTIFUL WURLITZER SPINET!" line shouted (to prompted applause) every day for years on "Let's Make a Deal!" Such repetitious "brainwashing", combined with the fact that Grandma's gorgeous Hallet and Davis didn't sound like much anymore, due to neglect and a dearth of reliable, shared information among tuners on how to mend it (this is a blatant plug for Reblitz's book, which was published by my friend and neighbor in '76!) created an ample market for these grizzly-sounding things. Sad.
     By the way: someone told me recently that boatloads of classic, high-quality American uprights ARE being shipped to China, where they are being refurbished and sold to collectors there as prized possessions. Verification, anyone? Are any coming back this way?? Nicely done???

Thumpe