[pianotech] Capstan installation

Jim Ialeggio jim at grandpianosolutions.com
Fri Sep 28 14:04:44 MDT 2012

<If Jim reads this, he can hopefully chime in with a lot of useful
information. I have not used this tool yet, but am lusting to get it soon.

Geez...I think Dels' press fit is worth a try.

Will's referring to the inclosed pics of a tapping machine(well,
actually I'm the machine and the tool is the ...uh..tool). The tool
comes with a useless collet system, so I had Ron N turn me a collet that
was specific to the the S&S rail prethreading this tool is used for. The
wood screw of choice is soldered to a 3/8 fine thread shank that is
screwed into the "collet".

It could be rigged up to pre-thread capstans and maybe screw them in,
but heck if Del's press fit works I think it might be a better solution
for this particular application.

Jim Ialeggio

--
Jim Ialeggio