[pianotech] Damper tray block

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Sep 29 12:16:09 MDT 2012

On 9/29/2012 12:40 PM, Mike Spalding wrote:
> Do I detect a bias in the wording of your question?

Nope, and it wasn't a question. <G> It just seems to me that a group
that would sit in silence as someone seriously suggests that a unison
that is out of level will adversely (even perceptibly) affect letoff on
shift needs some consciousness recalibration, and this strikes me as a
valid practical point that has never been addressed on list or anywhere
else I'm aware of. Level under levers at rest present minimum friction,
and at the bottom of the key stroke, they rock up on the key end and
change the lift ratio presenting more resistance. Is that a good thing,
or a bad thing, and why? THAT, is definitely a question.

Ron N