[pianotech] More Wierd - Must be the full moon<G>

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 29 18:10:21 MDT 2012

Just got back from tuning a Lowry PSO/POS. While suffering it's foibles,
two things reared their ugly heads: 1. An epoxy repair I did a few years
ago, on the bass bridge, seems to be failing! Yikes! After the initial R&D
of the 70's epoxies, I've pretty much been failure free. Almost to the
point of considering an epoxy repair as "permanent"! Definately a rude
awakening.<G>
 2. I've seen this in many POS/PSO pianos: "Scaled by Charles Frederich
Stein". And, looking farther, I find: "High Impact Action designed for
Lowry by Charles Frederich Stein". Hmmm? The question is this: Was Charles
Frederich Stein ever associated with any good piano companies? Most, that
I've seen, are mediocre at best. Just kind of wondering about how he became
a "notable" designer and who he really was. Anyone know?
As for the epoxy thang, it's back to doing again. Terry, pay attention
buddy<G> Just ribbin' ya. And, NO, there are no Pichers@!<G>
Best,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.