[pianotech] piano parts

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 9 20:50:03 MST 2013

Ron N. said:
"On 2/9/2013 10:11 AM, Joseph Garrett wrote:
> As Ron N. says, over and over and over and......I'm repeating myself ad
> nauseaum.<G> The real trick to all of this is extremely accurate well
> maintained machines, (especially the drill press!)

There is either another me out there that I haven't met, or a whole lot
of drugs in circulation. Infinite machine precision isn't something I
preach. We ought to reasonably repair and maintain what we have and use
what ought to be our main tool to work out processes and methods that
take advantage of existing physical realities (like the increased
accuracy and automatic centering of the bit in a hole when double
drilling) without the need for impossibly accurate billion dollar
hardware and electron microscopes just to make a hole in something.
Ron,
My apologies. I was simply referring to your comments of having to say
things many times, with little mental imprint happening. Did NOT mean to
imply that you were advocating such billion dollar machines, etc. I damned
sure do not.<G>
Have a good weekend.
joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.