[pianotech] square grand sound clips and pics

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Feb 10 14:17:15 MST 2013

So Joe - if you look at my post about 4 minutes after my original, you will find working sound clips. Did you find them? Did you listen to them? I'd like to get your comments on the sound clips.

Didn't know about the wire. What kind do you use? IMHO, the Mapes Gold sounds great! Pretty much all the slow dampening is in the bass - not the plain wire. I think the piano has a lovely warm sound to it.

Thanks for the compliments. Yes, I like the art work the gal (art student at local university) I hired did - the original art work in the bass area was really tacky.

Ivory keys. I didn't do anything to them - they are original. They are yellowed and some are cracked at the front edges - none are chipped. When the owner accumulates some more $$ she will have me go to town on the keys with AcriliKey.

Terry Farrell