[pianotech] playing sound bites, etc.

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 10 18:57:05 MST 2013

Ben Bradley said: ", there are more "universal" programs that can play
them. These
have file extension .m4a which I don't know what they are offhand,
except they're surely some lossy psychoacoustically compressed audio
("mp3 style") files. I have this program on my Windows computer that
plays them - it also has versions for Mac, Linux and others. It plays
many audio and video file formats that Windows Media Player doesn't (at
least without adding codec plugins, but it's easier just to run VLC and
be done with it):"

Ben,
Thank you for that...I have no clue what you are talking about, but it's
fun trying to get by all of that 'puter stuff.<G> Seriously, I think I
understand some of it.. I do have both the media player and the quick??
thangs. The problem was with the "whatever they do to make the Digest"
process.<G>
Thanks for the efforts
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.