[pianotech] Boo, forced into second pass.............

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Mon Feb 11 21:36:40 MST 2013

Today, I tuned a player piano, that had been sitting in a garage for 7 YEARS..............

Even though, I'm using Cybertuner, in starting a checking the "A"'s, two out of the bunch could only get a "Fair"
reading - also, that was playing the "B"'s - not the "A"'s. So, those "Fair B's" must have been way, way off.

On the second pass, there was a couple of bass notes that had to be tweaked; about 6 in the midrange and tenor; and most
of the high treble.

So...bottom line.....I'm forced to say that Cybertuner is not always PERFECT - ESPECIALLY when a piano has NOT BEEN
TUNED IN MANY YEARS.

THERE - I - SAID - IT - so a lot of you are going to be HAPPY !!!!!

With my back and shoulders in major pain,
Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ - Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding