[pianotech] action parts

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 13 17:03:00 MST 2013

Hi Everyone,I tuned a Hyundai pinao today that needed either the c# 7 jack repinned or replaced. Unfortunately I didn't have my repinning tools with me.  Yes I know, I need a larger tool case.  Anyway, I would like to order a new wippen section just in case the bitrds eye is cracked.  I checked and found that Samick made these pianos. I called a Jane Jones at Samick, the PTG website referred to her as Veronica Jones.  I left a voice mail.  I know how voice mails go, so I thought I'd check here to see if  you guys know where I can find the parts for this particular piano.  There was a little sticker on the hammer rest rail with the numbers OA6228 if I read it correctly. the print was a bit small.  It's  Hyundai U822 serial # IJB01020 It might have been HJ... because the Atlas doesn't list an HJ.  Sometimes I have the toughest time reading these numbers.  This leads me to ask, how do we know which action is in a particular piano and what is the best way find replacement  parts for them?  thanksMarshall

Marshall Gisondi
MARSHALL'S PIANO SERVICE
215-510-9400
http://www.phillytuner.com